A Wilder Britain

Photo Credit: Chris Gomersall/2020 Vision

Will you speak up for me?

I need your help

My home is under threat and there are fewer places to find food every day. And I’m not alone: thousands of birds, insects and other animals across England are finding it harder and harder to survive. Plants and trees are under pressure too.

The Wildlife Trusts and friends have convinced Westminster Government of the need for a new law – an Environment Act - to improve protection for our country’s wildlife. But not all politicians are convinced and to make sure the law not only protects wildlife like me but helps us to recover, we need everyone on board. MPs will be voting on this soon, so we need them to support a strong Environment Act, because a country with more wildlife is better for me – and better for you too!

I don't have an MP - but you do.

Please arrange a meeting with them and help us talk to every MP by Christmas.

Yes I will speak to my MP!

The campaign for a wilder future starts here

Critically, we need the Environment Act to give us:

  • Nature Targets: legal targets for nature's recovery that politicians must ultimately achieve and regularly report on progress towards e.g. safer air to breathe in our cities

  • A Nature Recovery Network: a joined-up network of habitats that provide enough space for wildlife to recover and for people to thrive.

  • Nature Watchdog: an independent body to help people challenge bad decisions made by Government and councils, which have a negative impact on wildlife and our natural environment.

Now is the time to put Nature into recovery!

Leicestershire and Rutland Wildlife Trust believes it’s time to put nature into recovery and bring wildlife back into our towns, our countryside and our daily lives. We now have a once in a generation opportunity to create new, ambitious environmental laws that can turn this bold vision into reality.

Find out more: 

How would an Environment Act help wildlife in Leicestershire and Rutland?

Why is an Environment Act needed in Leicestershire and Rutland?

Advice: Meeting your MP