Wildlife Recovery Partnership Officer
Purpose of the role:
Working with colleagues in the Wildlife Trust and from key partner organisations, the Wildlife Recovery Partnership Officer will play 3 very important roles:- helping to facilitate the continued creation of a wildlife recovery partnership of key organisations; helping the partnership undertake the preliminary work needed to eventually create a nature recovery strategy (for example, by building upon the examples of the 5 Local Nature Recovery pilot programmes across England, perhaps including creating materials such as biodiversity opportunity maps); and encouraging and advising other important individuals and organisations to engage with and undertake work to help nature recover.
Candidates should have the following skills and experience:
- A sound multi-disciplinary background in ecology, land management and of advising partners on wildlife conservation.
- Experience of nature conservation projects and initiatives, including species programmes and habitat management, involving a range of partners.
- A strong track record of facilitating partnerships of organisations and people.
- Ideally some experience of creating and interpreting GIS-based maps.
- A high level of commitment and enthusiasm for protecting and restoring the natural environment and its wildlife.
In return, you benefit from excellent working conditions, 25 days holiday per annum, flexible hours, contributory pension scheme and a friendly and lively environment in which to work.
Leicestershire and Rutland Wildlife Trust is part of a national network of 46 Wildlife Trusts, and with over 35 staff and just as many nature reserves it plays a key role in conserving and enhancing the wildlife of Leicestershire and Rutland. If you would like to help protect and enhance the wildlife and wild places of Leicestershire and Rutland, then apply today!
How to apply:
Closing date: 9am Monday 1st November 2021
Interviews will be held either 9th or 11th November 2021
Get in touch:
If you have any questions about the role, please contact John Clarkson at firstname.lastname@example.org