Midweek volunteer group
The midweek volunteer group is run by John Bristow (Reserves Officer) and undertake practical nature conservation tasks on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays. The group carries out a wide range of management work on Wildlife Trust nature reserves across Leicestershire and Rutland.
- Everybody is welcome whatever your ability or experience.
- Tools, gloves and training are provided
- Days start on the reserve between 9.30am and10.00am (see work programme for exact times) and finish around 3.00pm
- Please bring a packed lunch, waterproofs and wear clothing you don't mind getting dirty and boots with a good grip. Steel toe capped boots and wellies (sizes 5 – 12) can be borrowed from the Trust. Just call John in advance to give your size
- We will provide those hard-earned teas, coffees and biscuits!
- It would be helpful if you could contact John if you are intending to join a workday as on rare occasions the task may need to be cancelled and it helps with knowing how many tools to take
- A lift may be given from the Trust central office in Oadby but you will need to call in advance to book a place
- For directions and more information about the nature reserves please see the Nature Reserve section or contact John Bristow using the details below
- Volunteers must be aged 18 or over. Vulnerable individuals and Children aged 16 or over may only attend if accompanied by a responsible adult (please contact the Reserves Officer on the details below for more information).
- Please make sure your tetanus booster is up to date
Click here to see our volunteer newsletter, Billhooks & Biscuits, which provides more information about the tasks volunteers undertake on our nature reserves. It also contains the latest work programme.
For more information or if you have any questions click here to look at - Your Questions Answered
To find out more or to receive your volunteer pack, please contact our Reserves Officer, John Bristow on 0116 248 7360 or email: [email protected]