Sunday volunteer groups
The Charnwood Sunday group meets on the second Sunday of every month to undertake practical nature conservation tasks on the Trust's nature reserves in the Charnwood area. The group is led by Morag Scott Porteous (Reserves Officer) and meets at 10.00am, finishing at approximately 2.00pm.
The Oakham Sunday volunteer group meets on the fourth Sunday of each month (winter months only). This group, led by Andy Lear (Conservation Officer), carries out management work on the Trust's woodland nature reserves in the Oakham area. This group meets at 9.30am and finish at approximately 1.00pm.
- Everybody is welcome whatever your ability or experience.
- Tools, gloves and training are provided.
- Please bring a packed lunch, waterproofs and wear clothing you don't mind getting dirty and boots with a good grip. Steel toe capped boots and wellies (sizes 6 – 12) may be borrowed from the Trust. Just call Morag in advance to check we have your size.
- We will provide those hard-earned teas, coffees and biscuits!
- It is important that you contact Morag if you are intending to join a workday so that we know how many tools to take and on rare occasions that a task has to be cancelled, we know who to contact directly.
- Space permitting, a lift may be available from the Trust central office in Leicester but you will need to call in advance to book a place.
- Volunteers must be aged 18 or over. Vulnerable individuals may only attend if accompanied by a responsible adult; please contact the Reserves Officer on the details below for more information.
- Please make sure your tetanus booster is up to date.
Click here to see our volunteer newsletter, Billhooks & Biscuits, which provides more information about the tasks volunteers undertake on our nature reserves. It also contains the latest work programme.
For more information or if you have any questions click here to look at - Your Questions Answered
To find out more or to receive your volunteer application pack, please contact our Reserves Officer, Morag Scott Porteous, on 0116 248 7360 or email: [email protected]
Wild Play - Children's Holiday Activity - Nature Games
Burbage Common, Hinckley
Wednesday 1st June
Family Natural Sport Day including the pine cone throw, timed bug hunt challenge, speed pollinating and great tree leap.