Sunday volunteer groups
The Charnwood Sunday group meets on the second Sunday of every month to undertake practical nature conservation tasks on the Trust's nature reserves in the Charnwood area. The group is led by Stan Smith (Reserves Officer) and meets at 10.00am, finishing at approximately 2.00pm.
The Oakham Sunday volunteer group meets on the fourth Sunday of each month (winter months only). This group, led by Andy Lear (Conservation Officer), carries out management work on the Trust's woodland nature reserves in the Oakham area. This group meets at 9.30am and finish at approximately 1.00pm.
- Everybody is welcome whatever your ability or experience
- Tools, gloves and training are provided
- Please bring a packed lunch, waterproofs and wear clothing you don't mind getting dirty and boots with a good grip. Steel toe capped boots and wellies (sizes 6 – 12) can be borrowed from the Trust. Just call Stan in advance to give your size.
- We will provide those hard-earned teas, coffees and biscuits!
- It would be helpful if you could contact Stan if you are intending to join a workday as on rare occasions the task may need to be cancelled.
- Volunteers must be aged 18 or over. Vulnerable individuals and children aged 16 or over may only attend if accompanied by a responsible adult (please contact the Reserves Officer on the details below for more information).
- Please make sure your tetanus booster is up to date
Click here to see our volunteer newsletter, Billhooks & Biscuits, which provides more information about the task volunteers undertake on our nature reserves. It also contains the latest work programme.
For more information or if you have any questions click here to look at - Your Questions Answered
To find out more or to receive your volunteer pack, please contact our Reserves Officer, Stan Smith, on 0116 248 7360 or email: [email protected]
Anglian Water Birdwatching Centre, Egleton
Saturday 23rd August
Enjoy a cruise on the Rutland Belle - the perfect way to see the Ospreys at Rutland Water.