Midweek volunteer group
The midweek volunteer group is run by Morag Scott Porteous (Reserves Officer) and undertakes practical nature conservation tasks on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays. The group carries out a wide range of management work on Wildlife Trust nature reserves across Leicestershire and Rutland.
- You are assured of a warm welcome from staff and fellow volunteers
- Days start on the reserve between 9.30am and 10.00am (see work programme for exact times) and finish around 3.00pm.
- Tools, gloves and training are provided. No previous experience is necessary.
- Please bring a packed lunch, waterproofs and wear clothing you don't mind getting dirty and boots with a good grip. Steel toe capped boots or wellies are advised, and we have a small supply (sizes 5 – 12) which may be borrowed from the Trust; call Morag in advance to check we have your size.
- We will provide those hard-earned teas, coffees and biscuits!
- For more information about the nature reserves please see the Nature Reserve section
- Volunteers must be aged 18 or over. Vulnerable adults may only attend if accompanied by a responsible adult; please contact Morag on the details below for more information.
- Please make sure your tetanus booster is up to date.
- It is important that prior to joining us on site, you are registered as a volunteer and that you have contacted Morag to arrange to join a first ‘try-out’ workday, so that we know how many tools to take and on rare occasions that a task may have to be cancelled or changed, we know who to contact directly.
Click here to see our volunteer newsletter, Billhooks & Biscuits, which provides more information about the tasks volunteers undertake on our nature reserves. It also contains the latest work programme.
For more information or if you have any questions click here to look at ‘Your Questions Answered’
To find out more or to receive your volunteer application pack, please contact our Reserves Officer, Morag Scott Porteous, on 0116 248 7360 or email: [email protected]
Please note that Morag will collate all volunteer enquiries and then send out application packs at the end of each month for you to have a read through and decide if you would like to go ahead and register to join the Midweek and Sunday Volunteer Group. The pack includes information about how to do this and what will happen next, including submitting a registration form and then booking in for a ‘try out’ day.
Volunteer work party at Cloud Wood nature reserve
Cloud Wood Nature Reserve, near Breedon on the Hill
Friday 28th October
Join the Friday Group and help manage Cloud Wood nature reserve for the benefit of wildlife.