Midweek volunteer group
The midweek volunteer group is run by Morag Scott Porteous (Reserves Officer) and undertakes practical nature conservation tasks on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays. The group carries out a wide range of management work on Wildlife Trust nature reserves across Leicestershire and Rutland.
- Everybody is welcome whatever your ability or experience.
- Tools, gloves and training are provided.
- Days start on the reserve between 9.30am and 10.00am (see work programme for exact times) and finish around 3.00pm.
- Please bring a packed lunch, waterproofs and wear clothing you don't mind getting dirty and boots with a good grip. Steel toe capped boots and wellies (sizes 5 – 12) may be borrowed from the Trust, just call Morag in advance to check we have your size.
- We will provide those hard-earned teas, coffees and biscuits!
- It is important that you contact Morag if you are intending to join a workday so that we know how many tools to take and on rare occasions that a task has to be cancelled, we know who to contact directly.
- Space permitting, a lift may be available from the Trust central office in Leicester but you will need to call in advance to book a place.
- For directions and more information about the nature reserves please see the Nature Reserve section or contact Morag using the details below.
- Volunteers must be aged 18 or over. Vulnerable adults may only attend if accompanied by a responsible adult; please contact the Reserves Officer on the details below for more information.
- Please make sure your tetanus booster is up to date.
Click here to see our volunteer newsletter, Billhooks & Biscuits, which provides more information about the tasks volunteers undertake on our nature reserves. It also contains the latest work programme.
For more information or if you have any questions click here to look at - Your Questions Answered
To find out more or to receive your volunteer application pack, please contact our Reserves Officer, Morag Scott Porteous, on 0116 248 7360 or email: [email protected]
Dawn Chorus Walk and Breakfast
Lyndon Nature Reserve, LE15 8RN
Sunday 1st May
Come and join us at Lyndon to enjoy one of the most beautiful auditory experiences in nature - the dawn chorus!